The global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting everyone, families, businesses and communities in unexpected ways. At Peach HQ (from our home stations) our thoughts go out to everyone who’s been impacted by the virus.
As we navigate this uncertain time, it’s amazing to see the wave of community come together on social media, a place that arguably was losing it’s human connection and heart. On #InternationalDayofHappiness let’s embrace these little moments of happiness and solidarity that remind us that being social in the time of social distancing is still possible after all.
We’re not alone in having to adapt and make changes, our own marketing team have pondered how we respond to this on our own social media channels. Like you, we are figuring it out as we go, but here are a few timely tips that we’re following ourselves during this time:
- Be There: We get it — it’s frightening. What if you say the wrong thing, come across insensitive or share wrong information? Now more than ever, it’s important not to disappear, communicate with your audience and show empathy towards their situation.
- Open Up: Work on your messaging, don’t bury your head in the sand. Tell your audience what this pandemic means for your business, employees, community, and your ability to keep operations afloat. Communicate and let them in.
- Remember Your Values: Lean on your brand positioning and values as you navigate the new normal. Your brand’s personality and soul needs to shine through and the brand-building wheels need to keep turning.
- Be helpful: Is there anything you can offer your followers during these challenging times? Could you offer a discount on your products that might help at this time? For example foods that boost immunity, activities for children whilst in isolation. Or perhaps provide free expertise and knowledge?
- Be human: Above all else now is the time to connect. Your audience will be looking for brands with heart that show empathy, understanding and willingness to support at this time. Showcasing the human story behind your brand will bring you closer together with your audience.
At Giant Peach, we are committed to providing the best service possible during this time. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have about how you can support your business online. Or send us a brief if you have any projects in mind over the coming challenging months and we’ll see how we can help.
Stay safe, take care, and remember to wash your hands. 😊